Tuesday 3 December 2013

Minor project done!

I have finally finished my minor project. This project has been a tuff one! My project was about travel and 'The attraction of the worlds based on tourism.' My aim was to create a collection of 8 scarves! 
Theses are my colour boards and my market board: 




My drawings were based on landmarks that I had visited in the past for example: the Statue of Liberty, Big Ben and the Eiffel Tower. I wanted my drawing to become very quick and experimental, but add a digital side to it.

My final collection: 

These ones are 90cm x 90cm:





The following 4 are all 70cm x 180cm.




My favorite one is the last one; this one is made from 100% cotton. It was a basic line drawing of a London telephone box, with a very pale background. As I had steamed and washed the fabric, all of the design had washed out and turned it to a  horrible pink. 
To make this better I decide to tie dye the fabric as it was a mess to begin with. So I soaked the fabric in cold water and from the middle I twisted in to a ball: 



This shows the ball with the colours raspberry and blackcurrant I had decided to do the same colour the opposite section as this would turn out quite different. Then I tured it over to do the same on the other side but where it is blank on this side, I have decided to fill those sections in. This what what it looked like:


When I washed and dried it, it looked amazing and I loved the turn out! I also like the pattern that it left on my backing cloth! 


This gave me sure inspiration for my Major Project! 

On hand it I presented my bay very professional : 




Next time I will be posting about my disseration hand in :/ 
Thanks becca :) x










1 comment:

  1. Love that all your work from drawing through to finals show your style, you can tell its your work straight away. Can't wait to see what's next! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs